Angry customer - is it disadvantage or advantage for the chain?
Everyone knows the phrase: "I'm not a dollar to please everyone." And it makes sense ... But if you are a retailer, you should be liked by majority.
What is the benefit of an angry customer?
First, you should understand that an angry customer is a very valuable customer. He finds your weaknesses (a rude cashier, a stale product, an inconvenient layout of products, an unprofessional consultant, etc.) instead of quietly go to your competitor. And you don't have to hire a Mystery Shopper. An angry customer will do this kind of job of a "mystery shopper" for free.
A difficult client will help you choose a real crisis manager from among your consultants. Over time, he will learn to differ from "fairly unhappy" from "conflict", "swindlers", "inadequate".
An irate client will help the anti-crisis manager develop behavior algorithms with other difficult clients, that is, turn the problem into an ordinary working moment.
Tips on how to deal with difficult clients
1. Keep calm. The client is not always right, but you need to treat him with respect and disengage from emotions.
2. Don't take this personally. Remember that people can be aggressive by nature and say mean things to you as a company representative. Allow the client to talk about the problem, do not interrupt or take it as a personal insult.
3. Never argue. Do not allow yourself to object to a client - this is the main rule of a professional.
4. Be patient. By staying calm and controlling your emotions, you can control the situation and find the right solution to the problem.
5. Speak soft and calm. The being angry is the privilege of the client, you don't have that right.
6. Apologize to the client. In order to calm the client, you need to express your regret and apologize naturally, and not as part of job descriptions.
7. Show your responsibility. You should promise the client to personally find a solution to the problem and control this situation in the future.
8. The customer comes first, the problem comes second. The first thing to do is to reassure the buyers in order to keep the good reputation of the company in their eyes. And after then - to solve problems.
9. Pay attention to difficult clients. If possible, after several times (a week, a month), ask the clients if they had no more problems by dealing with your chain stores.
And, finally, unhappy customers will become at least loyal to you, and, at a maximum, a regular customer if:
- they will be thanked for the issue identified by them;
- they will be asked for forgiveness for the inconvenience;
- they will be offered a solution to their problem or an alternative;
- they will be awarded a bonus (discount card / gift).
Lastly, customer dissatisfaction should never be underestimated.
"Books of complaints and suggestions" is forever killed by social networks. An angry client will share their emotions not only with neighbors, but also with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. And this will definitely affect your reputation. What can overcome the desire of an unhappy customer to be "liked" by the network? Only one thing - your attention and desire to help.